I love to read, and will use any excuse to do so. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that I would read books on single parenthood. Here, I am offering up a list of books for the single mother.
- Single Mothers by Choice: A Guide for Single Women Who are Considering or Have Chosen Motherhood by Jane Mattes C.S.W.
- The Single Mothers Survival Guide by Patrice Karst
- Raising Boys without Men: How Maverick Moms are Creating the Next Generation of Exceptional Men by Peggy F. Drexler and Linden Gross
- Single by Choice, Mothers by Choice: How Women are Choosing Parenthood without Marriage and Creating the New American Family by Rosanna Hertz
- On Our Own: Unmarried Motherhood in America by Melissa Ludtke
- Holding Her Head High: Inspiration from 12 Single Mothers Who Championed Their Children and Changed History by Janine Turner
- Something Like Beautiful: One Single Mother’s Story by Asha Bandele
- Accidentally on Purpose: A One-Night Stand, My Unplanned Parenthood, And Loving the Best Mistake I Ever Made by Mary F. Pols
- Double Take: A Single Woman’s Journey to Motherhood by Kathryn Cole
- Without a Net: Middle Class and Homeless (with Kids) in America – My Story by Michelle Kennedy
That is quite the list, and will provide you with a lot of reading time and advice on single motherhood.
P.S. If you know of any other books on the topic of single motherhood, please list them in the comments.