When our children are young, it can be difficult to stay in shape. As single mother’s, we so not have the option of letting dad take care of the children while we take care of ourselves.
Here are some ideas for losing weight or keeping weight off:
- Family walks are an excellent way to get in a lot of the needed 10,000 steps a day. Walk to the playground. Walk to run errands. Take a walk around the neighborhood before bath time in the evenings.
- Play Frisbee or basketball at the park.
- Put on some music and dance around the living room with your children.
- Find ways in which you can do easy exercises with your children.
- Invest in family exercise programs on DVD, or see what is available at your local library.
- Go on hikes.
- Run through the puddles on a rainy day.
- Play on the playground equipment with your children.
- Run through the sprinkler with your children.
- Go sledding as a family.
Keeping active is an important aspect of having a healthy body, for both you and your child.
P.S. Can you think of any other activities?